Career Coaching & Career Consulting Services
Whether you’re in career transition, planning for future career moves, or wanting to be more intentional about your professional journey, it makes sense to get expert guidance not only at key pivot points but also to set yourself up for a stronger future. We offer career coaching and career consulting / advising services in two broad areas: strategic career moves and intentional career growth.
…a caring and thoughtful approach to career coaching, grounded in a deep understanding of the local and national employment market, and a genuine desire to held people succeed.
– LIZ STARBUCK-GREER, ASSISTANT DEAN, UBC SAUDER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS – VANCOUVER
Career Coaching & Consulting Team
We have a talented team of experienced and trained career coaches and career consultants ready to provide you with the expertise, insight and coaching you need to take that next step.
- Veronica Widmer – Career Consultant: MBA, Professional Certified Coach, Birkman-certified, EQ-certified
- Wendy Mann – Career Consultant: Professional Certified Co-Active Coach, EQ-certified
- Stuart Gibb – Career Consultant: Gallup Certified StrengthsFinder Coach, former Director HR
- Ian Christie – Founder & President
Typical situations that we can help…
- Help you prepare for a specific opportunity (strategy, resume, cover letter, interview coaching)
- Help you design and navigate a job search (proactive or forced or as an outplacement solution) where your target is similar or at the next level to where you are currently
- Help you undertake and navigate a career change; either one where you have ideas to explore and validate, or where your search is open-ended
- Help you on-board successfully into a new role
Intentional Career Growth:
- Help you make sense of your career journey to date and coach you on a direction and path for the future
- Help you with situational awareness in your current role; identify areas of strength and weakness, opportunities and threat and set action plans in motion
- Support your success in your job mandate, particularly in environments that are stretching capabilities or challenging
- Work with you on an ongoing basis to help you achieve your career goals.
…one of the best decisions I have made in my career.
– SEAN ELLICKSON, DIR. COMMERCIAL – VANCOUVER
Career Coaching Services
Type 1 – On-Call / Advisory Career Coaching: This is our basic service level where you can purchase quick access to just-in-time career coaching.
- Rates: CDN $160/ hour for standard | CDN $185 hour for executive (sales tax included)
- Quick & Effective: You purchase online and at the same time select a team member and schedule your time slot(s) and at that time provide us with a brief context for the session.
- When it is time for our session, we’ll connect via Skype or Phone for a high value career coaching session.
Type 2 – Advisory Career Coaching Packages: With this service level, you are selecting a package of either focused on a specific topic or a larger set of career coaching and career consulting hours.
- Rates: On a per package basis
- Topic Focused Packages: Receive the tools and a focused process to receive the feedback and insights you need – Interview Coaching | Resume Critique | LinkedIn Critique
- Bronze & Silver Career Transition Packages: Opportunity to get to know you better and construct a custom path for your situation | On-call support within the hours provided
Type 3 – Full-Service Transition Projects: This is our highest level of service where we partner with you on your both the career coaching and career consulting to help you make a strategic and successful career move AND we deliver your Resume & LinkedIn profile and Cover Letter.
- Rates: On a per project basis. Learn more at Career Transition Services.
A brilliant job helping me to concisely define my own career (and life) goals and objectives, which created an effective standard for evaluating alternative career opportunities. His help in building a negotiation strategy paid out 10x what I invested in his services.
– Matt Valle, SVP Sales
Process & FAQs
How does it work? What is the process?
- For the Type 1 services and most of the Type 2 services, you will pay directly online to reserve your time.
- For the Type 3 services, please contact us to first explore if there is a mutual fit in working together and receive direction on the best service for your unique situation.
- Complete your purchase online. You will receive an email receipt with onboarding instructions
- We will set you up to have full access to the client platform with course videos, workbooks, mind maps and other tools to support our work together.
- We will arrange our first meeting either in-person or via Skype or phone.
How does billing work?
For the Type 1 services and most of the Type 2 services, you will pay directly online to reserve your time. For other Type 2 and all Type 3, we will communicate first before moving ahead.
What is your refund policy?
You can request a full refund up to and including the first 30 minutes of the first consultation/meeting with no questions asked. And if at any point you choose to stop, you can cancel.
Where do you serve clients?
We are based in Vancouver Canada. Our clients are local, across Canada and international. Our career coaching clients have included Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria and other Canadian cities, across the U.S. including Seattle, Boston, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, Austin, etc.) and internationally including Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, London, Paris, Stockholm, Johannesburg and more. For remote clients, we work from Zoom or Skype.
I heartily recommend Ian for career coaching and guidance, for LinkedIn positioning, for resume and interview preparation, and for taking the long view about your career and where you are heading.
– DAVID GADD, SR. IOS DEVELOPER & TEAM LEAD
Stay in Touch
If you’re just browsing today, I invite you to stay in touch by getting access to our weekly email newsletter. You’ll get insightful and valuable content that will get you thinking about key career management concepts or get you taking action on relevant items.