Welcome UBC Alumni
My name is Ian Christie, BA, MBA and I’m the President and Founder of The Bold Career Project, and like you, a proud UBC Alumnus (BA Poli Sci 1989). I have designed my career around supporting and championing the bold career development of mid-career professionals including six years as Director Graduate Career Services at the Sauder School of Business UBC (2009-2015) where I led a team and programs in support of the career development of MBAs, other graduate-level business students and alumni.
About the Bold Career Project
The Bold Career Project is proud to partner with alumni UBC. We are a Vancouver-based career services firm serving mid-career professionals since 2002. We are focused on supporting the development of your career, the growth of your professional profile and network and helping you make smart career moves. We have a talented team of experienced and trained career coaches and career consultants ready to provide you with the expertise, insight and coaching you need to take that next step. We have extensive experience with:
- Executives (C-level, VP-level, Board)
- Senior managers and other senior individual contributors
- Management level and the upwardly mobile
- Alumni and graduate-level students
- Individuals who are earning their living as consultants, freelancers or solopreneurs
Whether you’re in career transition, planning for future career moves, or wanting to be more intentional about your professional journey, it makes sense to get expert guidance not only at key pivot points but also to set yourself up for a stronger future. We support clients and customers in two broad areas: strategic career moves and intentional career growth.
Supporting Strategic Career Moves
Situations can include:
- Proactively exploring future career moves, or getting market ready in advance of need (a smart idea)
- Urgent job search in response to lay-off, identified risk in your work environment or a decision to exit
- Directed job search: You know what you want and you need support with execution
- Exploration: You’re looking to make sense of your unique background and understand your options
- Applying to and preparing for a promotion opportunity
- Responding to an executive search / headhunter call
- Journey to or from self-employment
- Specific work on your resume or LinkedIn profile related to going to market
- Career Coaching Services: From 1-hour of career coaching to larger service packages providing you advice, support and resources for your career transition like helping you clarify your professional value, identify targets and develop optimized approaches to landing your next role.
- Full Service Career Transition Packages: These full-service packages provide the above support plus done for you professional resume / LinkedIn writing and optimization and cover letter development
- Resume development and optimization
- LinkedIn profile development and optimization
- Interview coaching – including online training modules, interview strategy and mock interview practice
Supporting Intentional Career Growth
Bold Career can support you in the proactive and intentional development of your professional journey including:
- Assessing your current strengths and weaknesses related to your future career growth
- Helping you assess current and future risk and opportunity
- Developing action plans including professional profile development, leveraging LinkedIn and building network
To learn more, please tell us (confidentially) about your situation and needs.
Stay in Touch
If you’re just browsing today, I invite you to stay in touch by getting access to our weekly email newsletter. You’ll get insightful and valuable content that will get you thinking about key career management concepts or get you taking action on relevant items.