Outplacement Services Vancouver – A Boutique approach to Executive & Management Transitions
My name is Ian Christie and I am a highly-experienced career coach and personal marketing specialist. I specialize in career change, job transitions and personal marketing for mid-level and senior-level professionals. Welcome and thank you for your interest in outplacement services.
The Bold Career Project offers experienced, credible and effective outplacement services for managers, executives and other senior professionals. Here are 5 key reasons why you might want to consider working with us on your needs.
- Beyond-the-Basics: Goodwill is important. So is providing your key outgoing employees with a transition service that builds on what they already know and provides them with a strategic approach to their next career step. At Bold Career, we will hold their hand through the process, but we don’t patronize our clients. Our client focus is strategy-based.
- Experience & Credibility: Working 1-1 with Ian Christie means accessing a deep experience base in the movement of executive and management talent across North America and internationally. Your employee will be in good hands.
- Marketing Focus: We generally assume that you have employed smart and skilled people. While we delve into foundational questions, the magic of our work is in capturing what the client offers, defining target markets, developing a marketing strategy, creating compelling marketing materials, coaching the client through a multi-channel marketing process and assisting them with negotiating the right decision for them.
- Individualized: We learned a long time ago that the flexible application of process was the way to go with senior clients. That’s why we don’t force process on clients that don’t need it. At the same time, we ensure that those that do need it, get it.
- Online Platform Enabled: We’ve developed an online platform to host the models, online course material (video, lessons and downloadable workbooks) that underpin client engagements.
So, is Bold Career the right solution for your outplacement needs?
The best application of our service is with outgoing employees who have a basic grasp of the fundamentals of career management and career transition and who could benefit from an intermediate or advanced approach to their transition marketing campaign. At the management and executive level, we build on the client’s professional background, help the client articulate and market that offering, and devise the best strategies to reach their market.
What can you expect from me?
As a Service Provider
I’ve worked with hundreds of clients and companies over the years in my various capacities delivering professional services. From executive search at the Caldwell Partners to leading a product team at job board giant Monster.com, to delivering career and outplacement services (both individually and corporately sponsored) since 2002 and more recently, acting as Director of Graduate Career Services at UBC Sauder School of Business which entailed engaging with hundreds of companies.
As a Career Coach to your Outgoing Employee
My work is based on the premise that you have a set of professional assets and that there are natural target markets for what you do. As your career coach, I help you figure out both of these, develop strategy, and execute on branding, campaign approaches and personal marketing. For more transactional assignments (LinkedIn profile, resume, cover letter, interview coaching), I bring my extensive practical experience to bear to help you put your best foot forward. My style involves:
- A strategic and practical approach to your career development
- A market-based and marketing focused approach to understanding and connecting the dots between your value and target markets
- Champion and guide for designing a powerful professional journey
- A formal, but adaptive process
- And I’ve developed an online platform to host the models, online course material (video, lessons and downloadable workbooks) that underpin our work together.
Note: The online platform is designed in course format and is available for sale separately. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to learn more.
Typical situations that I can help…
- Help you prepare for a specific opportunity (strategy, resume, cover letter, interview coaching)
- Help you design and navigate a job search (proactive or forced or as an outplacement solution) where your target is similar or at the next level to where you are currently
- Help you proactively define your professional value and your natural target markets as part of your professional development
- Help you undertake and navigate a career change; either one where you have ideas to explore and validate, or where your search is open-ended
- Get you branded and up to speed on LinkedIn or a personal website
- Enabling your pursuit of a stronger personal brand, network development, audience building, self-employment, and online platform projects
- Work with you on an ongoing basis to help you achieve your career goals.
Which means results that include…
- Successful transitions resulting in a bigger role, potentially more income, and/or achieving more alignment between your work and your strengths, interests and values
- Finally discovering, parsing, appreciating and articulating your professional assets
- Achieving a greater degree of control over your professional destiny, increased market power and more degrees of professional freedom
- The pursuit of a bold idea of how you want to contribute in the world
- And when you need to outsource work on your LinkedIn profile / strategy, resume, etc., a savings of your valuable time and attention.
Here’s a snapshot of my client work mid-2016 as a career coach Vancouver…
- Supporting proactive job moves for a CFO, a Director of Business Development, a Manager, Tech Support and a senior sales rep
- Leading career change projects for a Director, Customer Support, a VP, Design, a Senior Project Manager, a Partner at an accounting firm, a VP, Operations, a not-for-profit Executive Director, and a founder/CEO looking for what’s next after selling the business.
- Numerous LinkedIn profiles and resumes
- Numerous interview coaching / mock interviews
- Coaching on online presence and digital marketing for an independent entreprenuer.
Here’s a bit of background on my impact as a Career Coach and Career Services Professional
I founded the Bold Career Project, a Vancouver-based online career coaching and personal marketing firm in 2002. In addition to working with 1-1 with clients, I’ve created a number of online courses, ebooks, assessments and other resources to help experience professionals develop their careers.
I bring deep experience in the fields of personal marketing, career change, job search and transitions, self-employment, and senior recruitment. I am a passionate believer in the power of the individual to achieve great things. My professional background includes:
- Through the Bold Career Project, I have coached and consulted with hundreds of clients in Vancouver, across Canada and the US and internationally.
- Director of Graduate Career Services at Vancouver’s UBC Sauder School of Business 2009-2015), where I designed, led and taught programs and delivered career coaching to increase the employability and career change goals of thousands of MBAs
- Monster.com Senior Director Product Management where I led efforts in the executive and self-employment markets
- Vancouver-based Executive Recruiter at Caldwell Partners, a top Executive Recruiting firm where I conducted 200+ executive recruiting assignments across a number of industries
- And I bring the experience of small scale entrepreneurship. My first start-up was bought by Monster and I am currently working as an independent entrepreneur here at Bold Career.
Millions of readers over the years, including…
- Feature articles across numerous industry sites including Monster, Yahoo, AOL, MSN, HigherBracket, LiveCareer, and many others
- Former Monster contributing writer and Monster.com career change coach and management careers coach
- Former Workopolis resume writing columnist, management careers columnist & recruitment columnist
- My career content powers the Alumni career services platform at UBC Sauder School of Business
- Numerous media interviews: Globe & Mail, Canadian Business, Vancouver Sun and numerous other publications.
Your Next Step
Looking to learn more about or engage my outplacement services? Please use the confidential form below to get in touch.
Outplacement Services Form