Ian Christie, Executive Career Consultant & Career Coach
Thank you for your interest in my professional background. I am a Vancouver Canada – based Career Coach and Executive Career Consultant and founder of the the Bold Career Project, a leading provider of career consulting, career coaching, online courses for the executive, leadership and senior professional market.
I work with clients in Vancouver, across Canada, the United States and around the world, where I consult on career change and job search, LinkedIn, resumes, career development, outplacement, and an overall approach to self-management of our professional journey.
I’ve created a number of online courses, ebooks, assessments and other resources to help experienced professionals develop their careers, available as part of consulting programs and individually.
I run an award-winning career blog where I write about issues, strategies, concepts and observations on a well-managed, purposeful career.
Simply the best investment I’ve made in my career. Ian helped me explore new career options after spending 15 years in a single industry. He helped me to articulate my skills and experience in a way that made them transferable to other industries. He opened my eyes to different career models and to target options that fit my interests. Ian prepared me to navigate the transition process with confidence.
– Matt Jackson, Director Global Events, Lululemon
Here’s a bit of background on my impact as a Career Coach Vancouver
A two-time entrepreneur, former senior director at Monster.com, and former retained executive search consultant and former head of graduate career services for a global top 100 business school, I bring deep experience in the fields of personal marketing, careers, self-employment, and senior recruitment, and a passionate believer in the power of the individual to achieve great things.
My professional background includes:
- Through the Bold Career Project, I have coached and consulted with hundreds of clients in Vancouver, across Canada and the US and internationally.
- Director of Graduate Career Services (2009-2015) at Vancouver’s UBC Sauder School of Business – a global top 100 b-school , where I designed, led and taught programs and delivered career coaching to increase the employability and career change goals of thousands of MBAs.
- Monster.com Senior Director Product Management where I led efforts in the executive and self-employment markets
- Vancouver-based Executive Recruiter at Caldwell Partners, a top Executive Recruiting firm where I conducted 200+ executive recruiting assignments across a number of industries
- And I bring the experience of small scale entrepreneurship. My first start-up was bought by Monster and I am currently working as an independent entrepreneur here at Bold Career.
- MBA from McGill University and a BA from UBC.
Ian Christie’s Career, Recruitment & Human Capital Thought Leadership has been published to many industry leading platforms, with millions of readers over the years, including…
- Feature articles across numerous industry sites including Monster, Yahoo, AOL, MSN, HigherBracket, LiveCareer, and many others
- Former Monster contributing writer and Monster.com career change coach and management careers coach
- Former Workopolis resume writing columnist, management careers columnist & recruitment columnist
- My career content powers the Alumni career services platform at UBC Sauder School of Business
- Numerous media interviews: Globe & Mail, Canadian Business, Vancouver Sun and numerous other publications.
Ian clearly strives for excellence in his dealings with his client base. He has a solid grasp on executive advancement issues and technology and is a very personable coach. His unique gift is his ability to transfer his vast knowledge and insight to another individual with the true spirit of a teacher.
– Anthony Kaul, CEO, HigherBracket.ca
Here are some of my recent articles…
- Sneak Peak of Upcoming Course Platform
- Key Career Growth Questions
- How much of YOU should go into your personal brand story and profile?
- Recommendations on LinkedIn's Viewers of this Profile Also Viewed Setting
- How to improve the work experience section in the new LinkedIn profile (Video)
- If you’ve just stopped by and this feels relevant, you can register as a free member on the site to get access to some introductory lessons on career management.
- Or if you’d just like to receive my weekly email newsletter, you can use the form below.
- The career consulting services page provides a description and directory of what’s on offer.
- And the career management programs page outlines and links to available programs and courses.
- Ian Christie on twitter at ian_boldcareer
- Ian Christie on LinkedIn
If you want to achieve Everest-like career goals, Ian is the guide to help you get there! Initially, I was attracted by his deep experience in executive search in my local market. Once I signed up for his services, I appreciate his customization of a best practice approach to my specific needs. I would not hesitate to recommend him and have done so on three or four occasions already.
– Cory Smith, LNG Business Development, E&Y